Apple’s iPhone is one of the most famous and most successful smartphone brands today, and will probably continue to be so for years to come. Millions of their devices are sold every year, so it is safe to say that millions of people use them every single day of their lives. The majority of those people will probably want to keep their devices up to date and as fast and reliable as possible, with all the new features and additions that come with every single software update that Apple provides for the iPhone. And since you are reading this, we can only assume that you are one of those people. So, do you want to keep your device up to date? Do you want to try all those features Apple has been boasting about for the last few weeks, and try the all-new iOS 13? If you do, and you do not know how, you have come to the right place because this article is all about bringing that fresh, juicy new software to your iPhone.
Before we get started
Yes, you want the new software, yes, you are excited for the new features to try, but before anything, you have to be sure that your device is indeed compatible with the new update. The Apple devices that are compatible with the update are as follows:
- – iPod Touch (7th generation)
- – iPhone SE
- – iPhone 6S and 6S Plus
- – iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
- – iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- – iPhone X
- – iPhone XR
- – iPhone XS and XS Plus
So if you own one of these devices, you are in luck, and if you do not, well, you are not. So if you do own one of those, you may proceed to the next section of the article, which is:
Installing the new update
First make sure that you have backed-up all of your data because, with technology, something can always go wrong.
Installing the update over the air
The OTA (over the air) updates are easily the simplest way of installing a new update to any device. Just tap on a few buttons and sit back and relax as your device does everything for you. Maybe have a cup of tea.
The steps for installing the update over the air are as follows: – Go to Setting > General > Software Update
- – Check for any new updates and you should receive a notification about the iOS 13 update. Tap on Download and Install
- – Wait. Maybe have that cup of tea that we talked about. The update should be done in a few minutes
Installing the update over iTunes on your PC
If you, for whatever reason, do not want to use the over the air updates to install the new version of iOS, installing it through iTunes on your PC is always an option.
- – Make sure that you are on the latest version of iTunes
- – Attach your device to your PC
- – Open iTunes, select your connected device and then click Summary, where you should find the option to Download and Install the update to your device
- – Click the Download and Install option
- – Wait. Again, maybe have a cup of tea. Or coffee. Whatever you like. The update should not take longer than a few minutes.
And voila! That is it! After the update is successfully installed, you will have a device with a fresh new piece of software. You can try all those features and apps that you had no access to previously. Enjoy!